Friday, April 17, 2009

JEWEL and Other Updates

Hey gang! My latest novel, JEWEL, is off and the marketing has begun. A big thank you to my first readers: Dawne, Susan, and Sherri for your valuable input. I have already heard some good things about the manuscript, so here is to hoping that everything move swiftly. In the meantime, ZEALOT (the novel)--my next project--is officially under the pen. I am already 20,000 words in and it is shaping up to be something beyond my original expectations. If you read the short story and liked it, well, you're going to love this!

Below is a poem that is associated with the novel JEWEL. I wrote it recently and I think it represents the manuscript quite well. Please, let me know what you think. Depending on feedback, I may choose to use it as an appetizer (so to speak) before the prologue of the novel.

This welling mound of emotional pain
Slowly dissipating residuals – nothing save an electro-chemical stain
Lain bare, on the train tracks of a dripping tear
The soul fights on, but defies the host’s will to clear
Dead memories that sear with the flames of self-doubt
And clog the already stout arteries which lead to the future

DEAD MEMORIES, Justin Holley, 2009


On the script front, I have a bit of exciting news! I saw a portion of the first draft of THE DREGS and it is coming along very, very well. Oh, did I fail to mention that THE DREGS has been optioned? Well, indeed it has and I can't wait to see it on the big screen someday--fingers crossed! Again, I can't yet discuss specifics, but things are really looking up. SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CASE OF THE NECROMANCER is also still in the process of being transformed to script--more details soon.

My short story, WHAT WE'VE ALLOWED THEM TO BECOME, will be featured in the Spring 2009 issue of The Odd Mind Magazine. Please purchase a copy and support the literary arts! There will be a link on my website soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work!! Lots of exciting things happening!! and lots of work you are doing...keeping up the great writing!!!